Be sure to start your holidays well prepared. The information in this section will help you ensure that your holiday experience has no unexpected surprises and will help answer some of those common travel questions you may have.
Things To Bring
- Driving licence for car hire or Jeep Safari (if you want to drive yourself).
- Footwear that you don’t mind getting wet – sports sandals or trainers.
- Trainers or closed toed shoes for visits to archaeological sites and for walking.
- Jelly footwear – some beaches have fine pebbles.
- Jeans or leggings for pony trekking.
- Lightweight cotton trousers – nothing worse than not being able to cover up legs that are exposed to the sun!
- Ladies – if you intend to go into the mosque (and it would be a shame not to) please bring something that covers your shoulders as a mark of respect to the Islamic religion.
- We have beautifully clear water – snorkelling kit is always a good idea but will be lent to you if you go on the diving excursion.
- Suntan creams and lotions – nothing under factor 20 please!
- Dark sunglasses – the sun is VERY bright.
- A plug-in mosquito zapper! The hotel is fly screened but they are determined little insects. Spraying on insect repellent containing DEET is also a good idea
- Turkish electricity is 220v and a two pin adapter plug is needed for hair straighteners and tongs etc. (Don’t forget – we have hairdryers).
- If you intend to participate in Paragliding, quad biking or any other extreme sports you must ensure that your insurance policy covers this.
It is generally better to change money in Turkey as our rates are better than the UK so bring a little Turkish Lira, some sterling and some Travellers Cheques which can be exchanged at the banks in Fethiye and many traders will change them for you.
You can use a Debit Card – (with Cirrus or Maestro symbol) to get cash at cash points. Talk to your bank for details of any charges applied.
Visa/Mastercard – lots of places accept these methods of payment but you will always get a better deal if you can pay sterling cash.
At the hotel
Please note that as we are a small, rural hotel, we do not accept card payments of any description.
Travellers cheques are no longer accepted at Yakamoz.
All bills settled at reception can be paid in Turkish Lira or GBP Sterling. We are happy to exchange currency for you should you wish or you can do this in the local exchange offices in Hisaronu or Fethiye.
- Opticians - The local opticians provide a fast, efficient and totally affordable service within days. If you have a prescription you may wish to consider bringing it and benefiting from designer frames at a fraction of the UK cost.
- Dentists - Having personally experienced the professionalism of the Turkish dentist, we can highly recommend that if you have any dental work to be done, your holiday may be the time to do it. Once again, very affordable and you can get an appointment immediately. Most opticians and dentists do speak English. Ask at reception and we will book you an immediate appointment.
- Health Insurance - Please ensure that you have taken out adequate Health Insurance before coming to Turkey. The Post Office does an excellent insurance policy as do many UK high street retailers. If you should have the misfortune to need medical services while here, we can assure you that the local hospitals and clinics in Fethiye provide the very highest standards of treatment. If you intend to participate in dangerous sports while you are here (i.e. paragliding or white water rafting) please tell your insurer when you take out the policy. These activities can usually be included at no extra cost. NB: The European health Insurance card (EHIC) is not valid in Turkey.